Monday, December 19, 2005

In the Mail

Lots of gifts had to make it in the mail this year... To our extended family I mostly sent homebaked goodies, but I like to include a little something that lasts longer. This year, thanks to the inspiration of the craft-blog world, I made quilted notecard sets!



Each set contains basically these four cards:



It was fun picking out the fabric, and making the mini-quilt to sew on the black diamond card.

Since men aren't normally big fans of fancy notecards, I made this quick glass for a friend in California who's a huge 49er's fan:



I am so happy with how it came out! I made several etched glasses last year, but this was definitely my most successful attempt.

Christmas is drawing near, with several things still on my list... I should have plenty to post if I can just get myself to sit still for a few minutes!