Sunday, November 06, 2005

Mmm, Dessert

My favorite dessert to make for get-togethers these days is this delicious raspberry coconut layer thing my sister sent me the recipe to. You first bake up a crust of graham crackers, butter, coconut, and condensed milk.



After that cools you spread on a layer of raspberry preserves and put it in the fridge to chill for a few hours.



Finally, you sprinkle it with crushed nuts (I use pecans but the recipe says to use walnuts) and drizzle it with semi-sweet and white chocolate.



Cutting it up is the hardest part because it gets a little messy, but it tastes so good it's worth it!

In crafty news, I hand-stitched this little felt pouch for the jewelry Peter's coworker ordered. I am pleased with how it came out, and might assembly line a few of these to spruce up holiday gifts...



In progress: new tote, Ruffles scarf from Scarf Style, Wedding Quilt #2 (still!), Feather and Fan scarf from Wendy Knits (still!)... Peter is off to golf with the boys today so maybe I'll actually make progress on something!

Labels: