Friday, November 04, 2005

Goodbye, Sweet Izzy

When I was living by myself before we got married, Peter got me two adorable gerbils for my birthday so I would be sharing my apartment with someone to keep me company. Hershey is the brown one and Isabelle is the white one.



Even after we got the dog and the kitties, we still loved having the gerbils around. So did the bigger animals!





We'd sometimes find the cats doing anything they could to get closer to them, leading us to nickname Izzy "Snack" since we knew that's what she would be if the cats had their way!

At the beginning of this year we lost Hershey. It was sad to lose her, of course, but comforting to still hear Izzy moving around and entertaining the other animals.



Last night we lost Izzy. It hit me harder than I thought it would. I will miss her.