Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Oops!

Not all desserts I try come out as well as the coconut bars below... For a dinner party a few weeks ago I decided to make pumpkin cheesecake. I've even made this recipe before! I had to make the dessert Friday night, after work, so I cheated and got a (quite good) premade graham cracker crust from the store. I whipped up the filling... and noticed something was wrong.



There as no way all that filling would fit in that crust. It turns out a pie plate is not the same volume as a springform pan! I could have figured that out on my own, I suppose.

I ended up filling the premade pie crust plus a normal pie dish with no crust and baking them both. The crusted pie was delicious, and I was able to serve the crustless pie to my low carb eating parents, who said it was good... but they always say that!