Monday, March 12, 2007

Ring!!

I mentioned recently that I've been taking a jewelry class this year, and tonight was the last class. Luckily, I was able to finish my two projects. One requires a little assembly, but the other I got to wear home!



This ring started as a flat sheet of silver. I cut out the strip, ran it through the roller with a piece of mesh to make the texture, soldered it into a ring, made the bezel, soldered it on, and set the stone. I am so proud of myself!



The instructor, Mary Rogers, has made some gorgeous pieces, and it was really great learning some of her tricks. Unfortunately, since doing this sort of thing at home would require a huge investment in equipment, I won't be able to do anymore soldering, but it's still a great process to know. And I have a lot more silver cut and ready to become earrings and necklaces...

Labels: