Monday, March 05, 2007

New Tricks

I've been taking a jewelry class on Monday nights for several weeks now without a whole lot to show for it... I am determined to finish two projects in the two remaining classes, and I think I can do it. In the meantime, while I'm waiting for the soldering torch or to ask the teacher a question, I've been practicing my jeweler's saw skills with some simple charms.



I really like how this looks, and I think it's something I can keep doing from home. Drilling the holes is the tricky part, but I think I can figure that out, either with a hand drill or some really good clamps and our power drill. (Though that sounds a little dangerous!)



It feels really good to be making jewelry again, but I'm going to try not to let it cut too much into my time at the sewing machine! I've still got that baby quilt to finish, after all...

Labels: