Sunday, January 15, 2006

Crafty Weekend

This was certainly a weekend for my hobbies! Friday night I went to my first ever scrapbook crop, and to my surprise I got quite a bit done! It was a lot of fun to hang out with friends, chat, and also to see everyone else's scrapbooking style.

Saturday morning I met some other friends for breakfast and then we went down to an adorable quilt shop in Galveston I hadn't been to yet. I ended up getting some fun fabric for myself and then all the fabric I need to do a quilt for my grandma. I'm not sure if I'll send it for her birthday, or just as a "love present" as we call them in my family. I was like a kid in a candy shop at that quilt store, it was wonderful!

Today I sewed together the flannel rag quilt for the baby shower I'm going to next weekend. I love how it looks, but it's not quite square. I still need more practice! Pictures to come when I can get some good ones in natural light.

A post isn't complete without some pictures, so here are the first few pages of the anniversary album I'm making for myself... I did a lot of this at the crop Friday night! The books I made for gifts were such a hit it seemed a shame I didn't have one of my own!

Title Page:



First Anniversary:





Second Anniversary:





I also made two fill-in-the-blank pages for future anniversaries when I no longer scrapbook, but I think I'm going to change the system so that which the anniversary year is also blank, not just the photo. I figure I'll be scrapbooking another few years at least so I'm not sure when I'll need the blank pages...

Enough rambling, it's time for bed!