Sunday, January 01, 2006

Christmas Quilt

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful time celebrating, both the events of 2005 and the start of a fresh new year. I try not to make resolutions, but I like Andrea's idea of New Year's intentions. This year I intend to finish what I start, procrastinate less, and do what it takes to feel good about myself - to make myself a priority in my life as well as those around me!!

So, now on to the crafty. Rather than finish the wedding quilt that has been waiting for binding for months, I started a new project for my sister's Christmas present. Luckily she wasn't visiting until this weekend, so I had a little extra time - which I needed! I was putting the finishing touches on as they called from the Houston airport! I had already thought of this quilt and bought the fabrics on eQuilter when my sister mentioned she'd like a lap quilt with big blocks of color. Lime green is her favorite color, so here is the result:



I found some wonderful fabric for the backing. It was in the fleece section, but it is fluffier and softer than fleece... It is so cozy! I need to make one of these for myself one of these days!



I don't think I'm going to attempt any more quilting before I get a walking foot for my sewing machine. From what I've heard, it's definitely worth the minor investment!

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season, and good luck with any of your New Year's Resolutions/Intentions!

Labels: ,