Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Black Pearl

(Can you tell I was watching Pirates of the Carribean while folding laundry last night??)

Tonight is our company "end-of-year" party - whether they were being thoughtful or ran out of time, they didn't schedule it during the craziness of the holidays, which I find quite nice! The dress is "formal/business attire", but for once I didn't take that as an excuse to buy a new dress. I did want something new, though, so I decided to make a necklace and earring set to wear! I am quite pleased with how it came out, though as usual it was hard to photograph.



It is funny how this is nothing at all how I intended it to look. I thought I had some wine colored freshwater pearls the same color as the dress I planned to wear, but when I compared them, the pearls were too orange and didn't coordinate with the darker color. I also had planned to use crystals with the pearls for some sparkle, but I tried a few different variations and couldn't get it to look right.



Still, I really love these iridescent pearls, and the necklace came out just the right length. I tried to take a picture so you could see the necklace on, but this was all I could get. I need to follow up with my New Year's goal of procrastinating less and figure out how to use my digital camera better for things like this!



In other news, I got a walking foot for my sewing machine yesterday! I am very excited to try it on my next quilting project. Maybe I can finally finish Wedding Quilt #2!!

Labels: