Monday, January 02, 2006

Gifts from Afar

My sister and brother-in-law did a lot of international traveling this year, and boy did I benefit! My Christmas gift from them was so wonderful, all from far away lands. The first thing I pulled out of the bag was this wonderful handmade Alpaca - from alpaca wool!



She said they tie the colored fibers on their alpacas to tell which ones are theirs, so these are now my colors!And next I got this ball of beautiful chocolate brown Alpaca yarn. The locals apparently teased my sister for only getting one ball - "What can you knit with only one ball of yarn??" - but since all I know how to knit is scarves, I think this will be just right.



You also get a little shot of my desk, oops! One of the things on our wish list for 2006 is real office furniture - hopefuly that will help me stay a little more organized! I've got to do a little scanning before I can show off the rest of my well-traveled Christmas present, but I can't wait to share!