Monday, February 04, 2008

Easy Queso

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! For those of us in the States, it was Super Bowl weekend. I'm not a huge football fan, but it was actually a really good game! If you found the game fast approaching without any snacks, next time try this - I call this my White Trash Queso...

Brown 3/4 pound ground beef with half a chopped onion and half a chopped bell pepper (you can skip the veggies if you don't have time to chop).



Combine in a crock pot with 1 block of Velveeta (cubed) and 1 small jar of your favorite salsa.



Cook on high until melted, ~30 min but stir often to make sure it doesn't burn. Then turn off and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips! Just turn back on low occasionally if it's gets cool.

Be careful, this gets eaten quickly! If you have a big crowd I'd recommend a double batch...

Labels: