Friday, March 03, 2006

Blanket Crazy

Wow, it has been an embarassingly long time since I last posted! It's not for lack of trying... today's pictures, for example, were all taken over a week ago, but it has taken me this long to get them online! Sometimes life intervenes.

So. That easy blankie I made a few weeks ago was SO easy, I just had to make more. In fact, I went a little crazy.



This blue blanket is for an online auction at work to benefit the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I volunteered at the end of the year to be our group's team captain, and I am really getting passionate about this cause! My aunt's breast cancer diagnosis last week just drove home why I'm involved. The blanket is currently going for $30!



At the Christmas sales a few months ago I picked up this awesome flannel with Christmas trees and hot pink deer. This is going with my Christmas decorations to be discovered and cuddled next year. It is a lot bigger than the baby blankets. I used a fun scalloped satin stitch on the edge of this one.



And this one is going in the closet for a future shower gift! It seems to be that time when my friends are starting families, so I know it will find a good home. I tried a smocking stitch (I think that's what it's called) on the edge of this one, and I love the way it looks!



I'll be using the daylight tomorrow to take some more pictures to prove I haven't been completely lazy! Sorry for the long silence.

Labels: