Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Simple Pleasures

It was so nice last week to have time during the day to craft, take pictures with good lighting, compose blog posts... But now that I'm back at work I'm finding it harder to post here. The evenings are getting darker earlier, taking away my photo time, and I'd rather spend my free time crafting than writing.

This blog was never intended to be stressful, and in the past when times have arisen where I struggle to post I have just disappeared for a while. I don't want that to happen this time. Instead, for the next month, I am going to try to post regularly, but with shorter posts, sharing some of the simple pleasures I encounter that keep me going.



For example, opening a mystery package from Amazon and discovering this book. I pre-ordered it ages ago, and with the hurricane and new kitten and general busy-ness, I'd forgotten it was on its way. I did a little happy dance when I opened it. Now it is waiting for me when it is finally bedtime!

I made a little "Simple Pleasures" button if you want to join me (once, weekly, daily, whatever!) sharing simple pleasures of your own! Download it over there to the right.

52 Nights Update - Night 29 - Last night was a miserable failure from a no tech standpoint. I did get the laundry done, and started a little felt project, but I also got sucked into the Family Guy episode that recreates Star Wars. I was powerless to resist.

Labels: ,