Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What would you do...

With hundreds of upholstery samples?



My in-laws came over on Sunday and my mother-in-law was toting several bags full of these upholstery samples. A coworker picked these up when a local furniture store was going out of business and has had them hanging in her closet for a couple years. Can you imagine? There are some really fun fabrics here (and some that I can't believe ever saw the light of day) and I have a few ideas to make use of them.



My first project was a quick little zipper pouch. I can put my wallet/phone/keys in here to grab when running into the store or out to lunch.





The inside is turquoise with pockets edged in the outer fabric - sorry for the crummy photo!



If you suddenly had hundreds of ~12x12" pieces of fabric, what would you do?

P.S. - I did finish the pink project but since we are currently riding out Tropical Storm Edouard, the light is pretty low for taking pictures!

52 Nights Update - Night 23 - Finished the pouch above, made dinner, and, um, watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. *cough* Oh well, I enjoyed myself! And today I get a bonus day - Tropical Storm days are our equivalent to snow days, I guess - no work for me today!

Labels: , , ,