Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthday Season

I am now in the midst of my family's birthday season - my brother-in-law was last week, next is my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, then nephew, then my mom. So you can imagine I have an ambitious crafty to do list!



My mother-in-law and sister-in-law had specific requests this year, which is always fun. I love seeing if I can take their ideas and actually make what they were picturing.



This pouch is for my brother-in-law, using the upholstery samples and fabric from my stash for the lining. I tried to make a manly pencil pouch but I don't think I succeeded. Luckily we got him books, too - and my sister can use the pouch!

I have some fun ideas for my nephew, and my mom is easy because she loves everything I make. I know I'll make it successfully through birthday season - and then it will be time to gear up for Christmas!

52 Nights Update - Night 25 - I did well last night and boy did I need it! We leave tomorrow for Chicago and I am *not* ready. In addition to picking up and laundry and thinking about what to pack, I almost finished this WIP. My deadline for it was yesterday, oops. We'll have to see if they'll take it a little late...

Labels: , ,