Monday, September 10, 2007

Monkeys and Buses and Gnomes!

I finished the baby blanket for my sister's shower just in the nick of time - literally! I was wrapping it and signing the card as they pulled in the driveway. I couldn't be happier with it, though! I wanted to keep it for myself!



I fussy cut sock monkey fabric, and Heather Ross camper vans and gnomes. The overall design was definitely inspired by this quilt at Hillary's.



I saved a little time using the flag trick I saw on Lady Havertine. I sewed the fussy cut pieces to one long white piece before cutting it apart, and strip-pieced the other fabrics before cutting to the right size.



I used fleece on the back for extra cuddliness, of course! And I added some of my favorite books to complete the gift.



I think the mom- and dad-to-be are pleased, and my sister promises she'll try to influence this quilt into "blankie" status!

Labels: ,