Thursday, August 30, 2007

Treasure Box

At my mom's house the other day she pulled out this box.



First, it's labeled in my dad's handwriting, which automatically makes it a treasure. I never realized how precious some things would become. Of course, what's inside is pretty great, too:



It's totally full of antique lace and trims. I started to spread it all out for a photo, but there is just too much!



I have been told to actually put this to use so it doesn't waste away in a box, and I do have a couple ideas for it, but it's going to be so hard to cut it up!! Probably my favorite item in the whole amazing collection is this vintage onyx trim:



As much as I really want to re-purpose it into jewelry, it's going to take a very special idea to convince me to break those threads.



What a treasure! I need to make at least something from it right away - my mom's birthday is coming up in October, after all!

Labels: , ,