Sunday, September 09, 2007

Time to Rest

Wow, it's so good to know I'm not the only one that struggles with what to put up in my house! I just don't want my house to look like I went on a shopping spree at one store and my house could be from their catalog, I want it to be meaningful. I guess what I need to learn more than anything is patience.

We threw a baby shower for my sister today and it went well, I think! My mom let us use her house which was wonderful, since it is beautiful and I didn't have to clean mine. Haha!

We had a good spread of snacks:



The cupcakes on the tower are made with this recipe in lemon from the Cupcake Bakeshop. And they are delicious!

I made tissue flowers from Martha's tutorial that I first saw in blogland somewhere - I feel horrible that I can't remember where!



It was an exhausting but fun day, everything went well and I think everyone had a good time! Of course, now my kitchen looks like this:



So the work is not quite done for the day...