Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More Stash Busting

This baby blankie is made with fabric that has been in my stash for ages, Daisy Chain in Blush by Amy Butler. It feels so good to see this fabric in a finished product; I need to remember this feeling in the future when I hesitate to cut up my "special" fabric.

Olivia's Quilt

The pattern is inspired by this quilt I bookmarked ages ago on Etsy. It took doing John's sliced up 9-patch for my first stroller blankie to figure out how to piece it.

Olivia's Quilt

Other stats are very similar to my other stroller blankies - size is 26x26", backing is minky. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm binding these by just folding the minky around to the front and machine-stitching it. I find hand-stitching minky really difficult so traditional binding would just be too much of a pain.

Straighter Label

My label is actually a little straighter, and my stippling is improving! I have so many friends having babies right now, I have plenty of excuses to make these mini-quilts!

Labels: , ,