Sunday, May 02, 2010

For Baby Charlotte

This baby blankie is actually not the one from my April goals, because I got an invitation to a baby shower and needed to switch gears a little.

Charlotte's Quilt

But I do love it, and as I mentioned, it is probably the fastest I have used fabric that I would typically hoard. Of course, I used less than half of it, so that made it easier to cut.

Charlotte's Quilt

Fabric is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. Pattern is inspired by this quilt of the day on Sew, Mama, Sew. Size is 24" x 32", backed with minky.

Quilting Detail

Can you see the quilting? Free motion! Go me!! This was such a risk, my first real free motion quilting project on such nice fabrics. But I love how it came out. The stitching is definitely not even and there are some wonky places, but I am happy with it for my first try. I think my new machine made it a lot easier than the first time I tried. I will definitely be doing more in the future!

Crooked Label

Finally, the label. It is crooked. I cannot seem to sew my labels on straight. I used this idea from Lady Harvatine and I love how it looks! One of these days I'll figure out how to sew it on straight.


Happy May! My goals for the month might look a little familiar...
1. Finish the stroller blankie I put on hold.
2. Clean up guest room.
3. Finish wedding embroidery.
4. Nursery artwork.
5. Throw pillow for guest room.

April Goals:
1. Stroller blankie for a new little girl. Did the one above instead!
2. Finish binding Red Barn quilt and clean up guest room. Binding is done, guest room is a mess.
3. Wedding embroidery for some friends that got married in March. Started!
4. Artwork for above Ben's changing table. Supplies are ready...

Wow this is a long post, but I wanted to address some technical difficulties - I don't know why comments aren't working and I don't know why my posts are in italics. Working on it! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me at sarah(at)themikkelsens(dot)net. Thanks for your patience!

Labels: , , ,