Thursday, May 06, 2010

Nursery Tour

I have a couple more projects to finish for the nursery but I decided it's time to get some pictures taken anyway. Who knows when I'll get a chance to make some artwork for above the changing table! I'm a lot closer to finishing the crib quilt, but no need to wait for that either. First, a reminder of where we started:



And here we are now:



The changing table is the dresser that started out in my sister's nursery. It has been painted several times, went to college with me, and has been living in our guest room. This is a pretty small room (~9x10'), but it doesn't feel cramped and there is room (as shown!) for Ben to play on the floor.



The bookshelf also came from college (it's the black one in the "before" picture); my mom painted it and the dresser a beautiful blue. I don't think they will be extremely durable but they are fantastic for a baby's room. The alphabet print is by Petit Collage, my sister and brother-in-law sent it and I love it. The lamp was in my husband's nursery.



My mother-in-law sewed the valance and crib bumper (which is currently wrapped under the mattress as a pseudo crib skirt). Who knows how long it would have taken me to finish those projects; having a willing and able mother-in-law is a blessing!

As I mentioned above, I have a plan for some artwork for above the changing table (a May goal!), and the crib quilt is almost done. I am so happy with Ben's cheerful, colorful nursery!

Note: Comments are working. Comments from the old address have been migrated. Thanks for your patience!!

Labels: ,