Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of Many

It's auction time again! It seems like it comes so fast... There's one at work early next month and one in April at church. I love being able to make something to donate, in fact I went a little overboard this year! I started out with a new purse design:



It's not quite what I pictured and I've already worked out some improvements. This one has two pleats in the outside, a solid interior with a patch pocket. I used the blanket stitch on my machine to attach the pocket...



It also has a flap on the outside to close it with a magnetic snap.



These smaller handbags come together so much faster than those big quilted totes, the last bags I made. I feel so productive! I highly recommend tackling some big, time-consuming projects if you want a project like this to seem super quick.

Labels: ,