Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Biggest Bag Project Yet...

Happy 2008 everyone! I'm skipping the "2007 in review" post and jumping feet first into the new year. I always start the new year with so much energy and this year is no different... Let's hope I can hang on to it for at least a few months!

So the advantage of an extended blogging break, especially as I geared up for Christmas, is a lot of Christmas gift-making to share! This year I decided to make my female family members Vera Bradley inspired quilted totes. I really LOVE how they came out but since I had to have exactly the right fabric for each person, that meant quilting it all myself. Which took a long time for each bag!



This is the first one I made, for my sister-in-law. I loved it enough to know it was worth the time to make the next three. There's a zipper across the top:



And a small outside pocket edged with coordinating ribbon:



It's very roomy, about 14" across, 16" tall, and 4" deep at the bottom, with a divided pocket on the inside.

I have fabric on hand for a bag like this for myself but I think I need a little sewing break before I get started on it - and I think my machine deserves a tune up after all that quilting!

Labels: , ,