Sunday, December 31, 2006

2007, Here I Come!

I am so excited about the New Year. I'm starting a new assignment at work, which involves an immediate week-long trip out of the country (woo!), and I have all this energy to get things done, both craft-wise and around the house. I'm not going to make any resolutions, because I already have dozens of lists of things I want to do (what can I say, I'm a list girl), but I do hope this energy lasts. Do you like to make resolutions, or isn't it for you either?

After sharing the slippers from Peter's grandma, I was thinking about my grandma, and how she had a huge influence on my craftiness. I would go to her house and work on those yarn-plastic things, what are they called? Where you weave the yarn through the plastic grid to make tissue holders and coasters? Anyway, later she introduced me to cross stitch, which I still love, and it was always very special to work on those things together. So you can imagine my excitement when a large package came in the mail from her!



Isn't he gorgeous? He is completely handmade, and absolutely beautiful. My grandma's health isn't the best right now, and this Santa took her a very long time to make. She told my sister there were times she almost gave up. I am so glad she was able to finish!



She handmade the little teddy bear he's holding, too. And my grandfather even made a contribution, lending his woodworking skills to the little birdhouse.



This is one of those gifts that will be forever treasured!

Labels: