Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Aftermath

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I managed to finish everything I had on my list that mattered, and successfully prepared my first turkey, which was quite tasty. I must say, it is more fun to plop down at my mother-in-law's table after preparing one measly side dish than it is to put together a whole Christmas Eve meal for nine. I won't take that for granted next year!

I have so much to share over the next few days - things I unwillingly gave away (I am so happy when I love something so much I want to keep it, it's that much better of a gift!) and things I very excitedly received - but I'll start with this jewelry I made for my sister.



It is made simply with sterling chain and chalcedony - she has always said she loves this color, and I'm so happy with the result!

The matching earrings:



Have a wonderful week-between-holidays! I have to rush to finish my mother-in-law's present, but I made good progress yesterday, so I am optimistic. Thank goodness they went out of town and gave me a little cushion to get it finished!

Labels: