Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let's Get Started!

Here it is November 1st, the first day of what will hopefully be quite a good posting month! I am already planning to finish many projects that have been woefully neglected, just to feed the blog. I guess that's a good thing?

A couple weeks ago my parents bought a new fifth wheel RV to travel the country in their retirement. My sister had the wonderful idea to throw them an "RV-warming" party. Unfortunately, we couldn't seem to swing it logistically, so we decided to settle for RV-warming presents. I immediately thought of the wonderful quilted placemats I bookmarked ages ago.



I couldn't decide whether to do everyday, or holiday, or how to do the everyday, so I did it all by making two sets of two-sided placemats. One set has fall on one side and Christmas on the other:



The other set is all patchwork on one side and mostly khaki on the other.



I think next time I might just buy matching napkins in a solid color... They weren't hard to sew, it just took so much fabric. I do love that floral print, though!

Labels: