Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back at the Machine

It has been so long since I've sewn anything. There are many sketches on my desk, and I've gotten out fabric many times only to put it away again days later. Finally last night I was in a sewing groove, and this morning I finished up a new purse!



I tried out so many things on this bag, and boy was it a learning experience. I added some wooden rings to the strap and sewed TimTex in the bottom for stiffness. It was my first time using Wonder-Under to do applique, and boy do I love it!



The design wasn't supposed to look quite as much like a rainbow (well, that's what it looks like to me, anyway), but some of the adhesive didn't stick to the middle ring when I peeled off the paper layer, so I had to do some trimming.

I also made a second attempt at using a magnetic snap, and it came out much better this time. I added an afterthought pocket because I've been using my bright bag and it's a pain to dig for all the little things that sink to the bottom.



I've transferred all my stuff over and it's ready to go! I really need to sew up a purse organizer since I keep switching bags!