Friday, June 02, 2006

Holy Zucchini, Batman!

When I planted a vegetable garden in my backyard, I told myself I would be happy if I got even one vegetable from it, since I have no idea what I am doing. I was thrilled a few weeks ago to see flowers on all of my plants, which I hoped meant I would get a veggie soon. Sure enough, before we left for Virginia, I saw a zucchini! We decided to let it grow while we were gone and pick it when we got back. Little did we know...

We were able to pick two zucchini:



Doesn't look too strange? Well here is the bigger one next to a coke can...



Yikes! Still not able to visualize just how big this zucchini is? Here is the yarn I got to practice my crochet technique:



Needless to say I won't be letting anymore zucchini get that big! Anyone have a good stuffed zucchini recipe?