Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My Night

Well, I did get done what I planned to, tonight, so I guess I shouldn't complain...

My intent was to at least cast on for the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch N' Bitch. And I did that. I decided I had time to do at least the first row. Of course, when I got to the last of 126 stitches, it was a knit, and it was supposed to be a purl (seed stitch: k1, p1, repeat). I counted, and had 127. Crap.

It was so so tempting to rip out and start over. That's what I used to do when I messed up. Instead, I looked back through the row and actually found where I messed up. I got out some spare needles and similar yarn, and tried to recreate what I did. I was able to do it, and fix it, after about 10 cast on test rows. To keep this from getting any longer, I was able to fix the blanket row, but it did me in for the night. So here is what I have to show for probably an hour or more of knitting:



It's kind of depressing - all that work and you can hardly see it on the table. The circular needles still like to curl up from being in the package, and the box still has the next hanks of yarn in it. The gray yarn and blue needles are what I was using to recreate my mistake. See the dog in the background? He's kind of why I messed up in the first place... yeah, it's his fault! Anyway, there's a happy ending, and I'll get to knit more tomorrow night, maybe.

Labels: ,