Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I'm Dreaming

Believe it or not, we had a white Christmas here in Houston! It is so hard to imagine. It didn't actually snow on Christmas day, but it snowed a lot Christmas Eve, and it was all still on the ground when we woke up Christmas morning. It was probably a once in a lifetime experience, and it cheered up Peter since he was wishing we had gone to San Antonio with the rest of his family... So here are some pictures I took:

Here is how our backyard looked. It was fun to get the dog to run around in the snow (he didn't really know what to make of it). Baxter wouldn't walk on the patio because the melted snow from earlier had frozen and he didn't like the ice on his paws.


This picture totally doesn't capture our bushes, but I had to try - the Christmas lights were shining through the snow on the leaves, and it was really beautiful.


Peter's car had been sitting out all night, so it gives a good idea of how much snow was sticking.


Finally, I took a picture of our house Christmas morning. I will never forget this Christmas! A white Christmas in Houston... I still can't believe it.

Labels: