Monday, November 22, 2004

Future Projects

I went to JoAnn's a week or so ago, and got some things for some fun projects, so I thought I'd share...

I had originally gotten yarn to make the kids (Maegan, Kendall, and Grant are often referred to as the kids...) scarves, but I have decided that would be a little ambitious. And I'm not sure they'd appreciate handknit scarves anyway. So I picked out this fleece that matches the yarn I had already gotten:



I am going to make fleece hats like these with yarn pompoms, and then simple fleece scarves with a fuzzy blanket stitched edge using the yarn. I think they'll come out really cute!

I also couldn't resist this fabric on sale:



The picture just doesn't do it justice. I'm going to pick up some small clutch handles and make a fancy purse out of it, I think. I may end up selling it on eBay or giving it away, since I don't think I'd ever use it... I just thought it would be a fun experiment! It will probably wait until after the holidays.

Finally I got this fabric and suit pattern to make a skirt for Thanksgiving with my tall boots and cream sweater:



I'm going to alter the pattern just a little to make the skirt slightly shorter. Since we leave for Virginia day after tomorrow, I'm going to go start cutting the pieces for this right now, and hopefully even start sewing it. I'll finish it tomorrow for sure! I get to install my first zipper, hopefully that won't be a problem!!

I made a couple bags this weekend, but I want to get really good pictures of them, so I'm going to see if it's sunny tomorrow - it's been raining for so long now! Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow...

Labels: ,