Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Christmas Packages

Wow, I can't believe how much I've gotten done in the past two days! (Skip the next paragraph if you just want to see pictures!!) Monday night I made peppermint bark and the dough for a double batch of both gingersnaps and jam sandwich cookies (must think of a better name for these). I also put photos in the albums I'm sending all the grandparents, and started the notecards I'm posting below. Last night I helped Peter do a few chores to get ready for our furniture delivery and Mom and Dad staying here, and then I got to work finishing the baking and crafting. I rolled, cookie-cut, and baked all the tops and bottoms for the sandwich cookies, and while they cooled I baked all the gingersnaps. During baking, I made title pages and notes for all three photo albums, and finished the notecards. Then I filled the sandwich cookies, and got everything bagged and ready to box for the mail!! This morning I got up early, and now have everything packaged for mailing. As soon as I post this, I'm going to put on my shoes and head over to the post office - hopefully the line won't be too long and it won't cost too much!!

Okay, now the fun part. This card set is made with 7mm silk ribbon, used like embroidery thread. The large pink flower was my first, and I learned a lot on it. I think if I did these again they'd come out a lot better. Here are all four cards:









And to be complete, here's how I signed the back:

Labels: