Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Welcome, Margaret Kate!

Welcome, Margaret Kate!

Please join me in a warm welcome to my new niece, Margaret Kate. My sister was due on August 22, but I totally guaranteed she'd deliver late by booking tickets to visit on August 27th.

Spaced Nine Patch

Luckily for this anxious aunt, Maggie was born happy and healthy on August 25th, just in the nick of time. I am so blessed to get to meet her so early!

Striped Back

I am also glad I was able to finish her quilt in time to bring along. It coordinates with the nursery linens and will be a great play mat and maybe some day a toddler bed blanket.

Binding Label

The quilting is free-motion, the batting is thin bamboo batting, and the backing is almost as fun as the front!

Binding Label

I think my favorite part is the binding - both the stripes and the incorporated label. I hope Maggie grows to love it as much as I do!

Labels: , , ,