Sunday, July 04, 2010

Close but Not Quite



Happy 4th of July to everyone in the States! A funny thing about this year is that we actually went to a Canada Day party on Thursday but had no special plans to celebrate America's birthday. The baby is in bed, and we can see some fireworks from our back windows, and that's about all the celebrating we were up for this year.



I did finally finish the paintings for the nursery. They are definitely an amateur attempt but I am happy with them. I'll probably take them down for some touchups but am not in a hurry. It was fun to try something new! After these were in progress I saw this and this and wanted to totally start over. I guess I still could!



I actually spent a good amount of time in my craft room today since my little man enjoys rolling around on the floor and playing while I sew. Keeping him on a blanket is a challenge - I tell my husband it's not that I have a problem with Ben being on the carpet, just that you never know when he's going to urp up some milk or peas and a quilt is easier to wash than the rug!

Now that I'm back at work I'm going to try really hard to keep my goals for July reasonable:
1. Finish the quilt for my sister's new baby.
2. Make the throw pillow for the nursery glider - my back needs it!
3. Get the fabric cut for my next baby quilt (super excited about this one!)

June Goals:
1. Finish Ben's circle quilt.
2. Quilt top for my sister's new baby. Only a little sashing left...
3. Throw pillow for nursery glider. Nope.
4. Nursery artwork. Done!

Labels: ,