Sunday, September 19, 2010

Finished Hex's

Isaac's Hexagons

I finished the hexagon quilt! I put the final stitches in the binding this morning, just in time to wrap it up for the baby shower at 2pm today. Nothing like working with a deadline!

Straight Lines

I had a really hard time deciding how to quilt it. I have been loving free motion quilting lately but everything I thought of seemed like it would take away from the design. So I went with parallel straight lines about 2" apart - along the edges of the big and little hexagons. I really love how it looks.

Stripey Binding

The binding is mostly stripes with a little 2D tiny zoo. (Click through to the picture of the quilt above on flickr for the rest of the fabrics.) I incorporated the label into the binding again; I really love this simple way to include a label.

Binding Label

I hope Baby Isaac, who will be joining the world in just a few short weeks, loves this quilt as much as I do!

Labels: , ,