We had our church dinner group over the other night and I was going to be away all day, so I made a big batch of lasagna in the morning. We've been increasingly busy this fall, so I made a few extra pans of lasagna to have in the freezer. This is so easy! Here's my recipe:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 pkg no-cook lasagna noodles
4 c mozarella
1 tub small curd cottage cheese
1/4 c parmesan
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Brown and drain the ground beef. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix 2 c mozarella and remaining ingredients.
3. Take three aluminum loaf pans and spray with cooking spray. Put a little of the meat/sauce mixture in the bottom. Put a noodle in each pan and press down. Spoon in a scoop of the cheese mixture and then a scoop of the meat mixture. Spread really well so that the noodle is completely covered.
4. Repeat noodle-cheese-meat two more times. Top each pan with remaining mozarella.
5. Cover each pan with alumnium foil and write the cooking directions on it with a sharpie - 350F, 75 min covered, 10 min uncovered, let sit 10 min.
There is no need to thaw before baking, just put it in the oven as you heat it up and cook for the times given.
This is another great recipe to help stock up the freezer!
Note: If you want, you can do 1 loaf pan and 1 8x8, or 1 9x13, or double the recipe and do three 8x8's, etc, depending on how many people you need to feed!
Note 2: If the noodle doesn't fit in the loaf pan for the first layer, I break it into pieces to get full coverage.