Monday, November 06, 2006

What a Day

Yesterday was one of those days that was just amazing. Believe it or not, I was only up for about 12 hours, but I made the most of them. I started the day by sleeping in until 10:30. I honestly can't remember the last time I slept past 8am, and even on the weekends I'm usually up by 7am. I obviously needed the sleep! Thanks to Peter for distracting the dog so I could sleep in so late.

I moved from the bedroom to my craft room to finish up a little project that's been almost done for months, and then got to work in the kitchen. First I made cranberry-almond granola to snack on at work.



Then I whipped up some dinner for a few nights from my birthday present to myself: Don't Panic: Dinner's in the Freezer. I made Pecan-Chicken Roll Ups (not the official name) and we had them for dinner last night, plus I have four more servings in the freezer. They were quite good! This is the second recipe I've made from this book and so far it hasn't let me down.

Finally, I had to try the apple cake mentioned by Amy because I had promised to bring something in to work today. As Amy said, it was amazing! A big hit with my coworkers.

I also got some reading in for my book club meeting Sunday, did quite a bit of cleaning and laundry, enjoyed Peter vacuuming without being asked (love that!) and went to bed at 10:30 ready to get some more sleep. Just about a perfect day!

Labels: