Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blog Confusion



My book club group came over Sunday before our "official" meeting to watch Ever After, since last time we met we discussed Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and several of us were reminded of the movie. I do love this movie! One of the girls brought a baby blanket she's crocheting, and when I saw that, I thought about getting out the ornaments I'm working on for the swap. I stopped, though, because I didn't want to have to explain why I was making them. "See, there are these people that have websites about crafting..." It felt silly.

After everyone had left, and I was on the couch suffering from my fever with plenty of time to think, I realized I was being silly. I get so much inspiration from my fellow bloggers, whether they are crafting or cooking or just sharing a glimpse into their lives. Why should I be ashamed of that? I am so touched by the comments on my 50 Things post, and I am happy that I have a creative side and I've found a place to share it. In a similar situation in the future, I'll be getting out the ornaments!

The earrings above, as you probably guessed, were inspired by a pair in my new book. My wonderful husband fixed the computer, and all is right in the world!

Labels: