Monday, July 03, 2006

Outsiders



Autum's post the other day about "fitting in" really struck a cord with me. I had been thinking about a lot of similar things in recent days. Most of the time this blog is a wonderful thing - it inspires me to finish projects so I have things to post, it is a way to share my ideas, and it has helped me "meet" great new people. Other times it feeds my already significant insecurities. Mostly this relates, like Autum said, to feeling on the fringes of this great craft blog community. I am so inspired by them, but I often feel like I am just copying the wonderful things I see and not coming up with anything on my own. Will I ever have a great idea that inspires people, that returns in kind what they have done for me?

Sorry to be coming from a little bit low place today. No particular reason for it - not even hormonal. That's why I posted a picture of something that makes me happy. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in May, one of my favorite places. I grew up going there, and for years I wanted to be a marine biologist. And my favorite place in the aquarium is the jellyfish exhibit. Another exciting development - I think I've convinced my husband that we don't really need an office and it should be my craft room. Woo! So, on to happier things...