Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

I am lucky to have my dad and my father-in-law both close by, so this evening we are having both sets of parents over for dinner. Peter is grilling, we are having zucchini from our garden, and salad with cucumber from our garden, yay! As exciting as it is to serve veggies from our own garden, I think I might be even more excited about this:



It's a lime chiffon cake (recipe here). It's made totally from scratch, with some neat shortcuts for the filling and frosting. I've made it once before as a practice run, and it's really delicious.

I also did some handmade Father's Day cards:





I had decided to buy cards, but there wasn't anything left when I went grocery shopping today, so I decided to do it myself after all.

Bonus picture - I was too busy eating and serving to take an artistic picture, but here's the inside of the cake:



I'm also making progress on a few other projects, so hopefully no blog dry spells for a little while!