Friday, April 22, 2005

From my Brain to my Sewing Machine

I've had an idea in my head for a purse for a while now. Back in October when my mom took me craft shopping for my birthday, I got some cool faux bamboo purse handles. I also got the beautiful Amy Bliss fabric from my sister for my birthday, and I've totally been hoarding it, saving it for "worthy" projects. I was able to combine the two, and I'm very happy with the results! Here is my new summer bag:



It's pretty small, but it will be a lot of fun to brighten up an outfit when I'm going out somewhere. It's also *kind of* reversible. At least you can see what the lining looks like.



My sewing skills could definitely use some improvement. I'm not yet to the point where I'd feel comfortable selling any of these things, or even giving them away. Well, maybe giving them away. It's just fun to take an idea in my head and turn it into something real!

Labels: ,