Saturday, October 06, 2012

Auction Quilt

For our church auction this year, I donated a custom quilt. The lady that won it wanted it to be for her nephew and his wife who were about to have their first baby. I worked with the mom-to-be and made this quilt to coordinate with their nursery. It took me a lot longer to finish after I went back to work full-time, but I am so happy with the final product.

Auction Quilt

A lot of the fabrics are the same as in this quilt that I showed her as an example when she told me the nursery was going to be orange, green, and brown. I threw in a few new fabrics and left out the multi-colored elephants at her request.

Auction Quilt Detail

The quilt pattern is inspired by this quilt but I figured out my own dimensions. It was a fun quilt to arrange and sew!

Minky Back

The back is chocolate minky and the light quilting makes the drape so nice and the quilt so snuggly. Here you can see the zig zag quilting a little bit. I hope the new mom loves this blankie, too!

Labels: , , ,