Friday, June 15, 2012

Baby Kali Quilt

Some dear friends just had their second baby girl, and this is the blankie I made for her. The fabric is Riley Blake from my stash, which went perfectly with the nursery - green with ladybugs. My friends are fellow Rice alums so the owls were an added bonus.

Baby Kali Quilt Detail

The quilting on this quilt is loops, which was really fun and quick to do. I decided not to use any batting, which caused some tension issues, but overall I think the quilt will hold up well. The quilt pattern was inspired by this one with the strips and outlined blocks.

Baby Kali Quilt

Of course I did a little label on the back. It will probably be a while before I give up the convenience of the letter stitching by my machine!

Quilt Detail

I hope baby Charlotte gets a lot of use out of her new blankie.

Labels: , , ,