Friday, September 30, 2005

I'm Home

Sorry I've been gone so long. We evacuated to San Antonio - it only took us 12 1/2 hours, which is pretty good considering some of the other stories I've heard. We actually had a fun weekend, and took a very scenic route home on Monday. Our house was completely undamaged, and Peter and I (and the animals!) were so happy to be home. Unfortunately, we picked a bad Dairy Queen to stop at for a Blizzard, and got food poisoning Monday night. We were sick all day Tuesday, then I only had one day back at work to catch up before a two day training class.

In the grand scheme of things this is all so trivial. We are so lucky to have been spared by Rita, and I now know the things that are really important to me. But in my small world, this week has been surreal and crazy, and I can't wait for things to get back to normal! Thanks for all the comments, and hopefully regular crafty-type posting will resume soon!!