Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ready for Delivery

The three QBB quilts are done just in time for delivery at the Quilt Show! The fact that it took me a year (since last Quilt Show) to get my act together and make these quilts is a little embarassing. (Especially when I see AmandaJean's amazing Quilts of Valor project.)



Quilting is probably my favorite activity right now but I am certainly not very quick to produce completed quilts. Oh well, it still feels good to finish this project.



I'm sharing these in the order I made the tops. The first one up there I just took the fabric samples, arranged them on the floor (my "design wall") and filled in the gaps with my stash.



For the 2nd and 3rd, I got progressively more creative. I think the red, white, and blue quilt is my favorite, but the salmon and teal is a close second. I love thinking of the Ethiopian children cuddling under these on cold winter nights! Thanks again to Carolyn for quilting, Karen for trimming them up and running them all over town, and my mom for donating batting, backing, and time to do the binding. Go team!

Labels: , ,