Monday, September 07, 2009

Sweetpea's Quilt

My cousin Megan is having a baby any day now (affectionately named Sweetpea in utero). Their nursery is brown and green, and when I saw this fabric, I knew I had to use it for their baby quilt!

Sweetpea's Quilt

It is Natureology by Studio e in brown. Normally I try to mix and match designers but this was so perfect, I had to keep it simple to show off the fabric. The finished quilt is 38"x44", perfect for playing on the floor.

Sweetpea's Quilt Back

The back is Kona cotton with a pieced strip. Quilting is in parallel lines perpendicular to the fabric strips.



To give proper credit, this quilt was heavily inspired by this one. Thanks, Ashley!

Sweetpea's Label

I used an Irish blessing on the label. I hope Sweetpea gets a lot of use out of it!


A tip for those using my label method - I got a set of colored fine-tip Sharpies, and some of the colors seem to bleed. Black and brown did okay but the two blues I've tried have some issues. So test before using on your final label!!

Updated to add: Miss Avery Camryn was born as I was posting this! Welcome, sweet new little one!!

Labels: , ,