Sunday, May 31, 2009

Project Tote

My mother-in-law often brings sewing projects with her when she visits friends or comes to our house for dinner. So when I saw the Quilted Garden Tote on Sew, Mama, Sew I knew that I needed to make it for her. But not for gardening, for sewing projects!

Project Tote

I used some of my hoarded reproduction print fat quarters for the patchwork and some canvas I've had in my stash for a while. I quilted the outer pieces to some scrap fleece - I chickened out and did a little wavy pattern with my walking foot instead of trying free motion quilting again.

Project Tote

I'm loving the little fussy cut westie pocket. I knew when I picked up that westie print at the Quilt Market that I would find a special use for it!

Not doing too well on my S2F2:
1. QBB Quilt Tops (x3)
2. Quilted Pillows
3. Baby Blankies (x2)
4. Flutterby Quilt
5. Wedding Quilt
6. Mother's Day Gifts one two

Comments will be closing on the May Day Giveaway tonight at midnight, CST. Don't miss your chance to enter!

Labels: , ,