Wednesday, August 31, 2005

NikkiShell Cookies

In addition to being quite talented in the crafty arena, Nikki is also a professional pastry chef! Every now and then she shares a recipe with her readers, but this is the first one I've tried. It is the cookie recipe she posted a few weeks ago. Here they are ready to go in the oven.



I've never made cookies by slicing a log up before. I think I like the way they come out. I also go to use my relatively new kitchen scale, since Nikki uses metric measurements for her recipes. That was fun! Fresh out of the oven:



I put peanut butter M&M's on top since that sounded so good with the chocolate cookies. They cracked in the heat, but are still very tasty.



Peter doesn't think he likes chocolate cookies (though he hasn't tasted these!) so I'm planning to take them to work tomorrow... though I'm tempted to eat them all myself! Cookie stack:



I think I'll try the carrot cake next!

Labels: