Saturday, September 03, 2011

My Chevrons

I think in my very sporadic recent blogging, I've neglected to mention that we're expecting baby #2! I'm due in early December, so the clock is starting to tick. We are so excited!

Chevron Quilt

A dear friend of mine is due about two weeks after me, and her first baby shower is this afternoon. I plan to make her a lap size quilt that matches her nursery for snuggling in the glider, but won't have that ready for a while. I took last Monday off to relax and sew, and on a whim, started this little chevron quilt for her. I love the colors, I think they really go with her style. She doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl, but I think this will work for both!

Quilting

The pattern is inspired by this post on Allison's blog Cluck Cluck Sew. Fabric is some Heather Bailey, some Amy Butler, some Sandi Henderson, etc, all from my stash. I straight-line quilted it for a change, and added some light bamboo batting instead of quilting directly to the minky back.

Labeled with Love

Hidden Credi

Since I just folded the minky around to the front as the binding, I had to come up with a new label plan, so I sewed this little guy in there. You see the hearts most of the time, but if you flip it back, it's got my name and the date.





I wanted a little more for her shower gift, so I got this diaper caddy she wanted and filled it with useful changing table goodies and almost a dozen embellished burp rags. I hope she and Baby C love it!!

Labels: , ,